The final recipe in our five part, cooking with cannabis series – making infused cannabis CBD tinctures! This recipe is a great building block for anything liquid and sweet, from smoothies to cocktails all the way to candied gummies. Unlike Cannabis Butter or Oil, a tincture uses alcohol as it’s base carrier to extract the cannabinoid of your choosing.
- Tinctures retain more of of the plants medicinal compounds and cannabinoids than fat based extracting methods. Helpful for the entourage effect the medical community supports so highly.
- Tinctures extract the cannabinoids without heat, unlike the traditional method. Part of what helps helps retain the extra medicinal benefits.
The Endless Possibilities of Infused CBD Cannabis Tincture
Some Recipe Ideas:
Making a cannabis tincture is the easiest method to extract your chosen cannabinoid and extremely versatile – hell, you can take it directly out of the bottle if you are feeling the need. Infused cannabis is a simple way to incorporate the medicinal compounds directly into more of your cocktails, mock-tails, smoothies and gummy candy.
No worry about focusing on burning off the good parts since this is a heat free method. No more long hours and keeping an eye on it. Set it and forget it they say.
Note: you should still to Decarboxylate before hand to activate some of the important cannabinoids.
Tools we Use and Where to Get Them
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Bowl or large measuring cup
- Jar or bowl to store the tincture
- Grinder (a simple hand grinder works best)
- Double-boiler, slow cooker, saucepan, etc.
Simple Cannabis Tincture Freezer Recipe
- 1/2 pt or 240 ml glass Mason jar with tight-fighting lid
- Fine strainer or mesh cloth
- 1/2 pt or 240 ml dark glass jar and lid for storage
- 7gramsDecarboxylated cannabisor 1/4 oz
- 158grams151-proof alcoholor 3/4 cup
- Add the cannabis and alcohol together in a mason jar. Secure the lid and lightly swirl for a good stir. Place in freezer (see note below).
- Freeze the jar for seven days, removing once a day to shake and mix the contents.
- Place the strainer and cheese tightly cloth over bowl or jar. Pour the tincture mixture over the strainer, using rubber spatula to get all the particles out of the jar.
- Press the spatula or spoon against the mixture to push out all the alcohol. Give the cheesecloth a good squeeze into the jar.
- Transfer to dark jar (if you haven’t already), date and store in cool place. See below note
Disclaimer: this information is not medical advice and is purely for entertainment and education purposes. In no way do we condone the use of cannabis or it’s bi-products without the consent of your medical professional as well as abiding by your state and country laws.